Crimes against property are on the rise and cost property owners millions of dollars a year. AFTERDISASTER’S emergency response team provides general vandalism cleanup for graffiti and physical destruction of contents and/or property. Our services include cleaning, debris removal, deodorization and restoration services.
Immediate removal, within 24 to 48 hours, is the key to successful graffiti prevention.
Facts and Stats
- Graffiti is the most common type of vandalism according to the Bureau of Justice Statistics.
- About 80 percent of graffiti is gang or tagger graffiti.
- There are four motivating factors for graffiti vandalism: fame, rebellion, self-expression, and power.
- Graffiti cleanup takes a big chunk out of municipal budgets. In 2003 the city of Los Angeles spent $55 million on graffiti removal.
You Can Help Prevent Vandalism
- Clean up vandalism as soon as it happens — replace signs, repair playground equipment, paint over graffiti.
- If you see anyone committing vandalism, report it to the police, school authorities, or someone who can take action.
- Remember, vandalism is a crime.
- Protect your business from vandalism by using good lighting and locking gates and garages.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Will your services be covered by insurance?
Only your insurance company can confirm or deny insurance coverage. AFTERDISASTER is contracted directly by you to perform emergency services.
When you authorize AFTERDISASTER to perform emergency services, you are simply authorizing the emergency portion of the job, which includes steps necessary to prevent further damage.
Will my insurance company pay AFTERDISASTER directly?
The agreement and authorization you signed authorizes your insurance company to pay AFTERDISASTER directly for the work. Since procedures vary by insurance company, we recommend you confirm whether they allow direct payment to contractors.
Are you bonded and insured?
Yes, we are licensed, bonded and insured. All of our team members wear a uniform of AFTERDISASTER red shirts and khaki pants so that we are professional in appearance and can be easily identified.
Will any demolition of the water damaged structure be required? This depends on the type of water (clean versus gray versus sewage) and the degree to which materials are saturated. Several other factors affect the amount of demolition including:
- The type of material (and its tendency to retain moisture)
- The degree to which we can access those materials and effectively dry them
- The amount of expansion in materials that has already occurred
- Any manufacturer’s specifications which require demolition
Our goal is to cost effectively dry structural materials and contents.
Can I turn the equipment off?
No, the equipment needs to run 24 hours /day. Only in the event that you are concerned about safety, should you turn the equipment off. In that event, simply unplug it and call us immediately.