A fire in your business can be one of the most frightening experiences of your life. Our goal is to help guide you through the process of restoring your business and your belongings. Our goal is to get to you as quickly as possible with the equipment and resources necessary to:
- Minimize the existing damage
- Stabilize and secure the structure
- Perform emergency water damage mitigation services if needed
- Remove soot and contain odor
- Pack out salvageable contents if necessary
- Clean, deodorize and restore salvageable structure and contents
- Perform necessary structural repairs
Frequently Asked Questions:
Will your services be covered by insurance?Only your insurance company can confirm or deny insurance coverage. AFTERDISASTER is contracted directly by you to perform emergency services. When you authorize AFTERDISASTER to perform emergency services, you are simply authorizing the emergency portion of the job, which includes steps necessary to prevent further damage.
Will my insurance company pay AFTERDISASTER directly?The agreement and authorization you signed authorizes your insurance company to pay AFTERDISASTER directly for the work. Since procedures vary by insurance company, we recommend you confirm whether they allow direct payment to contractors.
Are you bonded and insured?Yes, we are licensed, bonded and insured. All of our team members wear a uniform of AFTERDISASTER red shirts and khaki pants so that we are professional in appearance and can be easily identified. Will any demolition of the water damaged structure be required? This depends on the type of water (clean versus gray versus sewage) and the degree to which materials are saturated. Several other factors affect the amount of demolition including:
- The type of material (and its tendency to retain moisture)
- The degree to which we can access those materials and effectively dry them
- The amount of expansion in materials that has already occurred
- Any manufacturer's specifications which require demolition