Articles in News

Common Causes of House Fires

  • Stephen Keaney
  • June 9, 2018
  • News

Here at AFTERDISASTER, we provide cleanup and restoration services for fire damage in North Carolina. Even though our services can only be used after a fire, we want to make you aware of common causes of house fires, so you can hopefully prevent one from happening in your home. Take a look below to discover just a few things that can start a fire quickly.

Candles- Even though candles fill your home with wonderful smells, it can become hazardous when it is left unattended. You should blow candles out if you are going to be leaving the room it is burning in because you will not be able to see it anymore.

Appliances- From toasters to dryers, appliances can start a fire in a home quickly. The wiring on any device could be faulty or frayed.

Smoking in the Residence- For individuals who smoke in their home, it is extremely risky because you might think the cigarette is completely out, but it is not.

Keep in mind, these are just a few of the things that can ignite a fire in your home. If you experience a fire, no matter how big or small, you can turn to AFTERDISASTER for restoration services. For additional information, call our team at (800) 948-0242 today.